Thursday, June 03, 2004

Grrrr!

Frustration is the root of all evil. It occurred to me today when I yelled at my kids. Yes, I know, I'm a horrible parent, but I'm working on it. Thank goodness that my annoying holler was enough to make me conscious of my 'meanness' and step back to take a breather. I'm really sorry, kids.

I know that it's my 'unaccomplishments' that frustrates me and causes my ill actions. I can see it in all my past negative behavior. Things like 'I didn't eat well today' or 'I didn't workout' or 'I didn't get enough sleep' make me all funky for the entire day. It's a mild sampling, yet goodness knows that there may be bigger frustrations that can contribute as well. Save those for another entry.

Still, the kids are easy targets for venting and rightly should not be. So now that I see my actions from the outside looking in, I can deal with those aggravations before they get the best of me. Certainly that's the ideal solution and I likely (humanly) may not always follow it, but I can only do my best and hope I never lose my self awareness.

Tonight, I gave all the kids a nice warm bath, and more hugs and kisses before I put them to bed. Tomorrow, I'll do my best to do the same, minus the frustration.

May goodness bless those with infinite patience.

No comments: