Sunday, September 24, 2006

Dance Dance Revolution / PIU

Watching people dance can be just as motivating and inspiring for me as watching athletes give their all in their sport. I've only tried playing DDR at an arcade once just this past summer and had quite a delight with it. If only I were two decades younger, I'd be aspiring to jive like that guy in the video above. (I watched it closely and I do believe he lands on most if not all of the correct lights dead on!)

He's definitely got the moves and is the coolest DDR Pump-It-Up (PIU) dancer I've seen yet.

Groove on!

Update: 9/30/06
It's not a DDR but rather a Pump It Up (PIU) machine in the video--both of which are arcade competitors with different dance pad layouts. Also, I've found out that the guy is James "Smidget" Devito, arguably the top U.S. competitor in PIU. I believe he's sponsored and involved in promoting the home console for Andamiro (see interview). Below are youtube links to his other performances:
1. WPF 2005 in Korea (I think James placed 2nd in the freestyle category.)
2. USPF 2005 (?) in Greenhorn, US.
3. Misc (unknown info)

No comments: