Monday, August 08, 2005

My new training toy

Father, forgive me for I have sinned.

I bought a bike trainer today. A really nice one, too--a CycleOps Fluid2. Yes yes, I know I already have a 10 year old Minoura MagTurbo that's still kickin', but this new 2005 one that I just ordered is a fluid trainer, not magnetic. I've read the newsgroups and have been led to believe that the difference is day and night as it more realistically simulates outdoor riding. Plus, I found a 20% coupon that I could use if I purchased online, which I did. See, so I didn't really spend a fortune; I actually saved a wallop. And of course, wallop beats fortune.

So hmmm, did I really err on the side of impulsive shopping or was I simply blessed with a revelation that included a 20% discount? ... What was that? Uhhuh. Yup. ... See, I knew you'd understand. No doubt you have a road bike as well.

And now the final judgment awaits me as I must answer to an even greater authority. But first, I think I'll wait until she's finished cooking downstairs. And I'll take the kids off her hands for the night as well.

Lord, help me.

No comments: