Friday, March 24, 2006

Back to business

I'm starting this year's spring workout season with a battlecry song -- Unwritten, sung by Natasha Bedingfield. It's followed closely by Good Times, sung by Tommy Lee. I didn't pick them to be the flagships; I just happen to be listening to them as part of a playlist while working out and then suddenly they made me feel that spring 'gotta-give-it-a-go' sensation.

It happens every year. There's always a song that sort of symbolizes the beginning of my renewed drive to physical self improvement. I usually end up repeating it over and over again on my mp3 player like when I'm biking or running or even shopping alone at Costco. And I'm seriously talking about hours of repeat of a single song.

So with that, I started my methodical training regimen on the 20th with an interval workout on the bike trainer for about 45 minutes. Rested on the 21st, biked on the 22nd, rested on the 23rd, and biked once more today, the 24th. Yeah, I know it's a little late in the year for starting triathlon training, but I unfortunately let other things get in the way and couldn't get anything consistent going. Live and learn.

No comments: