Friday, August 11, 2006

Floyd Landis

I feel backlogged from my vacation. I have tons of stuff to catch up on and many blog thoughts that need to be expressed.

Right now I'm trying to get caught up on the Tour de France. Thankfully, I have recordings of the stages, which I'll try to watch this weekend.

The Floyd Landis drama (I just saw him on Leno on YouTube.com) made me rethink about having real life heros to look up to. Certainly it seems natural to want to put someone up on a pedestal as a reference for success. But then they'd be susceptible to fallout from scandals and other vices the media would turn up. What then happens to their hero status?

So for now, I'm going the "Batman Begins" route:

"But if you make yourself more than just a man...
If you devote yourself to an ideal...
and if they can't stop you,
then you become something else entirely."

I'll be putting up my Buffy The Vampire Slayer posters all over my workout area now. Beware, all you forces of evil!

No comments: