Monday, June 06, 2005

Fight For Fame

Have you ever had anything that you were so passionate about that it made you cry just talking about it?

This evening, I watched the premiere episode of Fight For Fame. It's yet another reality show where 1 out of 5 competing people wins a one year contract with a top talent agency.

Tonight's episode winner was Gretchen. And she had her emotions gushing when asked the final question: why did she feel she deserved to win the audition? She replied that she loved acting most of her life and that ... (she pauses, gets choked up and then the tears start pouring) ... she wanted to do this for her daughter; to show her that dreams do come true when you work hard for it. Good answer, I thought. Banal perhaps, but well delivered. I believed her sincerity, which she later confirmed was genuine. And I got choked up as well, else she was indeed a great actor!

Anyway, it got me reckoning afterwards. What things am I so passionate about? Past and present. What things bring that surge of emotion when I give it some thought?

I mull over questions like these night and day. The answers expose the amount of drive I have in the things I do, and provide reasons to stay the course. Now while I readily have some answers in my head, I think I'll keep them momentarily hushed until after some further reflection. And yup, I feel the emotions swelling up already...

Hmmmm....

1 comment:

rickumali said...

For me, my passion is my family. But it took a while to get to that answer because I was trying to answer "am I passionate about my job/work?" I can't summon strong emotions for my work (let's not even discuss 'job'), but I continue to be enthusiastic about 'work'.