Wednesday, June 01, 2005

On being a responsible grownup

I had a website project a while back that I let slip through the cracks. I let procrastination rule over me for those days, so I never finished the work and had all intentions of just letting it go in defeat. Irresponsible and immature, yes it was. Today, a few months later, my client called to let me know that he still would like to see it completed. He wasn't angry about it, but rather just wanted to see it done and over.

This inability of mine to get some things done makes me feel like Jimmy Neutron's arch-enemy, Professor Finbarr Calamitous--a man "who could never finish anything, not even a sentence." I could think of a million previous tasks that support this sentiment, but perhaps that's just seeing the glass as half empty.

Okay then, the good thing is that I've gotten a second chance to do the right thing. After all, most of my victories have arisen from that saying, "If at first you don't succeed..." (or was it "The show must go on." :-)). So I guess it's best that I keep up with that tradition.

Once again, yet again, we'll see what the next few days pan out.

No comments: