Saturday, June 18, 2005

The next triathlon

I've just signed up for the Sunset Sprint Triathlon (7/23), which has a .5mi swim, 16mi bike and a 5k trail run. It'll be my 2nd race of the season and another incentive to keep up the workouts. Although still relatively overweight, I'm about 5 lbs lighter since my 1st race, so I expect my running and biking to improve more readily. I already feel the ease when I run on the treadmill. That is, my joints don't feel so weighted down and achy.

Tonight, I'll write down my 'countdown' plan so I don't overdo the training and get all burned out. Tomorrow morning, I hope to do a very early morning bike ride before the family wakes up. I look forward to it more for pleasure than a workout since the ride'll take me through nice suburbs and farmland.

No comments: