Thursday, February 02, 2006

My online triathlon world

I'm surrounding myself with virtual athletes. They're random triathlete bloggers that I've searched for and whose online journals I've added to my daily/weekly reads. I'm trying to add some peer pressure to my lazy winter ass to finally get up and get a movin'.

And my goodness, what interesting blogs there are! A 50 yr old cancer survivor that's training to do an Ironman; several moms and dads chatting on how they balance athletics, career and family; experienced triathletes dishing out well appreciated advice on training; general out-of-shapers trying to get into shape for their first triathlon. The list goes on. Ad interessante.

The entries are inspiring and certainly starting to get me into the groove. I've started checking out the schedule of races for this year. I should be signing up for my first 2006 event shortly. Perhaps this week.

No comments: