Monday, February 13, 2006

Olympic catalysts

Two weeks of human fuel: Michelle Kwan, Bode Miller, Shaun White, Apolo Ohno, Chad Hedrick and soooo very on and on. The list is huge. How could I not be motivated to lift myself up and give anything a go? And just a few weeks before, I didn't think I'd be psyched up about watching the Olympic Winter Games. Bingo bongo, boy was I wrongo.

So far, I've recorded each night's broadcast so I could watch the events as soon as I put the kiddies to sleep. I looked forward to NBC's short biography segments of the medal contenders; it helped me get more emotionally involved when I finally saw the athletes in competition.

Tonight, I watched Shaun White's gold medal comeback victory in the snowboarding half-pipe. Wow, real cool and so graceful! And even though I already knew he was going to win from the news reports (I should've closed my eyes and ears), I still watched as if I didn't know his fate. And of course, his celebration got me all choked up. All that hugging and tearing with Shaun and his family. Glad I could share in the emotion.

Can't wait for tomorrow's viewing.

No comments: