Thursday, April 05, 2007

the need for the everyday

The routine things that are good to do in one's life should never need incentives. They simply should be habits.
(March 25, 2007)
The above I thought to myself at a dance competition for my daughter today. On stage the kids were leaping and tumbling to beautiful music. All done lightly as a feather. Not a look from them of any hard effort at all. Suddenly, I found myself dashing to the car and off to Target and back for a pair of forgotten socks that Tina needed for her number. Huffing and puffing hard all the way to my crooning of some Third Eye Blind song. The dichotomy was obvious.

All the while, my belly was bouncing, my man-boobs were bobbing and my feet were hurting, and I started thinking: "geez, these extra pounds can't be good for racing this year" and "why the hell have you been slacking off, dude?!" and "what happened to your routine?!"

And there it was. My words of wisdom: I needed to get back into a good routine.

To be continued...(hopefully, to a more positive chapter)...

No comments: