Friday, April 13, 2007

Care for your feet!

I love my Disney Beach Crocs. Notice the Mickey Mouse holes? So darn comfy. Can't wait to get the Off-Road model--the SUV of them all.
Today's topic is feet. As in, "three weeks ago, I went snowboarding and f*cked up my feet." Yes again--good ol' plantar fasciitis was inflicting its nasty bite once more.

So this morning it was another trip to the podiatrist, a refilling of my Nalfon prescription and the doc's assessment that I be fitted for custom orthotic insoles. Nothing eventful really. But through my examination, I was phasing out and daydreaming about being back at 100% and doing some tri races and bike tours this summer. Could competing still be possible? [sigh] Anyway, end of exam.

But oh, what an end of exam finale it was: I was treated to a soothing foot massage from the doc's assistant Ruby. After casting my feet for orthotics, she loaded up with wads of lotion and rubbed out the residue plaster around my heels and arches, letting me know that I was in for a bonus [wink-wink]. Ooooooh baby, it was soooooo relaxing. Obviously my moans of appeasement would've probably put her off, so I sat still, sounded out nothing and tried to act indifferent. Like, "Gee golly, Ruby, that feels swell!" (How's that for indifference?) But really, thanks Ruby, I really did need that.

Anyway, being inspired by the rubdown, I'm planning to treat Melinda to a massage of my own this weekend. So sweetie, put the kids to bed, break out the Nivea lotion, prop up your dainty footsies and come to papa! ...

This little piggy went to the market ... :-)

No comments: