Saturday, April 07, 2007

Saturday morning ride

I don't need water. Water is for quitters! -- Spongebob Squarepants
Thank goodness I didn't pay heed to Spongebob's statement (although that was a really funny episode). I biked a hilly 3 hr 40 miler this morning and made sure to fill my Camelbak-like hydration pack with 2 liters of Gatorade so I wouldn't cramp toward the end of my ride. Last Saturday, that was unfortunately the case as I had brought only two water bottles.

BTW, I knew it would be 32F this morning, but I went out for a spin anyway. I don't quite know what drove me to do it other than the urge to get back into a good habit. That is, it was hurting inside me that my workouts were so few these past months. And what a relief it was to have that feeling creep in. I was worried that I was getting apathetic about tri-racing this year.

So one of my primary focuses of spring: chip away at the nonessential 40lbs of crap that've been bogging me down from hammering up the hills. (Cheer with me: Hell no, crap is slow!)

Time to get back into better form than that of a potato.

Theme music, please...

No comments: