Friday, May 13, 2005

2 days til Devil Tri

Today I received my FedExed Overnight bike gear--2 tires, 2 tubes, 2 bottle cages--from performancebike.com. My original order from nashbar.com didn't go through for some reason. Suckie!

My right knee has been hurting as I may have overdone it on the treadmill 2 days ago. The pain is less today but we'll see what miracles sleep will bring about tonight.

I did my final pre-race workout this evening, swimming 50 minutes at the Y. I think I can finish the swim leg in about 25 min (vs 35 as previously mentioned), whereas the top athletes finish in only 10 minutes. I'm a slow swimmer but at least I can endure the distance.

Today I felt noticeably fat, though I'm already aware that I'm overweight. Currently, I'm packing about 20 lbs more than I did when racing in 1993. I think of it as carrying a sack of rice or 4 bags of potatoes. Uggh. You certainly won't be seeing any six-pack on this bloke for some time.

Tomorrow morning, I'm tuning up my bike, truing my wheels and taking it out for a short spin. But after the kids' swim lessons, of course.

No comments: