Monday, May 02, 2005

Ironman Hawaii

I missed the re-airing of the 2004 Ironman Triathlon World Championship yesterday--mother friggin shazbot! The broadcast received 3 Emmy nominations for this year's 26th Annual Sports Emmy Awards, the winners of which will be announced today. I'm not sure of any TV coverage for this event.

Ever since the early 90's, I always looked forward to the yearly broadcasts of the triathlon championships held in Kona, Hawaii. That and the Tour de France. They gave me that extra incentive fuel for my workouts as well as provide as reminders of how beautiful it is to take part in physical competition.

I have 2 more weeks until my own initial triathlon of the season. Today, I hope to write out a 14 day countdown plan on exercise, nutrition and other preparations before the race. Already I'm getting a bit nervous about the whole thing. I'm just glad that my workouts have been fairly consistent. I know I'll likely finish.

For now, I have a scrumptuous Wendy's combo meal waiting for me downstairs (Thanks, Melinda. Well's mouth begins salivating like a waterfall.). French fries and all. Oh, and biggie-sized as usual. Talk about starting off on the wrong foot. Uggh.

No comments: