Friday, May 20, 2005

Night training

I worked out on my bike trainer tonight at 10:15 pm. It was mentally difficult to get myself to do it, as it was my first night workout at home in eons and it was not part of my usual training routine. Furthermore, I was in bed with all the kids putting them to sleep and had come to that fork in the road: close my eyes and drift into lala land, or get up and rack some miles on the Cannondale. Glad I chose the latter.

My recent triathlon race armed me with data of my first field results this year, and now I have a better idea on where i need to improve. "What do you mean where to improve?! Improve everything, you dingbat!" you say. Okay, okay...I know my race times are nowhere near stellar, but I now feel more of an urgency to do better. It really feels tangible. Yeah, that's it. And now I can match my current workout levels to my real-time results as a reference for how far I need to push myself. In a word, I have a shipload of work to do.

I'll chart my progress from here on and hopefully post it after a few weeks.

No comments: