Wednesday, May 11, 2005

4 days til Devil Tri

It's Wednesday and my sprint triathlon is this Sunday.

The bike gear (tires, pumps, etc.) that I ordered Monday from www.nashbar.com doesn't seem to have been shipped yet. Yikes! I'll give them a call first thing in the morning and see what's up. I may have to cancel the order and get my stuff from www.performancebike.com instead and have it FedExed Overnight.

This morning's workout at the YMCA was about 90 minutes of high heart rate activity--45 min on the bike immediately followed by 30 min on the treadmill. I was simulating the endurance of the race, although I think I remember taking over 2 grueling hours to finish many of my tri events. Friday, I'll try and lap swim for an hour for my final pre-race workout. I expect to finish the .6 mi lake swim in about 35 min, but I've mostly overextended my times in the pool because it would be no fun to tucker out in the middle of the lake without any lifevest--just sink or swim.

Tomorrow, I'll give my pre-race preparations more thought and finalize my checklist.

Overall, I'm starting to worry more as race day approaches.

2 comments:

rickumali said...

Good luck with your event!

getwell said...

Thanks! I'll surely need it.