Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Planning with peers

"Chief! Pull it together!"-- Colonel Tigh, Battlestar Galactica (Exodus, Part 1)

I did no triathlon this 2006 season. I'm quite disappointed. I was hoping that I'd make it a personal tradition to compete in at least one tri-race per year since my 2005 comeback. In hindsight, I ended up spending most of my training on the bike; I guess I just didn't have my heart in it to spend more time swimming and running. So much for dedication.

And then I got that plantar fasciitis thing in June and went on holiday overseas for 3 weeks in July. Blah blah blah. Certainly that offset my momentum; that is, if I had any at all.

But then I read of another blogger sort of in similar design: a man without a plan. Made me want to adopt him as my virtual training peer. [pause, peering up into space, eyes squinting] Hold the phone, what's that I said--a virtual training peer? [sitting up, eyes wide, eureka moment of expression] Hmmmm. By joe, that's it! I think I'll do just that and take a peek every once in a while at his posts to see how his plan is going; perhaps to give me a little perk for my own workouts.

Alright then, my 2007 season training has begun! Yeeeeehaw! Break out the 7-layer cheesecake, tiramisu leftovers, Ben&Jerry's triple fudge and my 2-liter Diet Coke. I've got a reason to celebrate and her name is Kona!

[burp] Excuse me.

No comments: