Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Am I triathlon ready?

I have about 5 weeks until my 1st (individual) triathlon after a hiatus of about 15 years. (Actually, my wife and I had entered a race as a relay team a couple of years ago. However, she had some difficulty in the swim--the first leg of the swim/bike/run race--and we weren't able to continue.)

The thing is, I haven't been to the gym in almost 2 weeks. You see, I've had my mind on a client project that's way way way overdue and felt that it would only be fair that I trade my exercise sessions for more work time. But just thinking about it right now, it's a lousy tradeoff and not a very good ying-and-yang thing to do. Alright then...tomorrow morning, I'll be back in training. Yeeehah!!!

Now time for a prayer to my triathlon god: "Oh Greg Welch, the famous little tri-guy from down under who did great things (and whom I have a personal picture of with my wife standing next to him), give me the strength to continue my workouts and finish in the top 100% of my 1st race this season."

No comments: