Friday, April 29, 2005

Jason Mraz on ACL!

JM is coming! JM is coming!

That's Jason Mraz, I mean. His Dec 2003 performance at Austin City Limits is being re-aired on PBS tomorrow (4/30/2005 @ 9 pm, I think). There are some video clips of the performance on the PBS website as well. I've already seen the original broadcast but look forward to watching it again.

I'm all bubbly about Jason because he was the catalyst for me taking a stronger interest in learning the guitar. He gets me all jived up with his 'stew' music as he calls it. Most prominently, his voice zings loud and clear with a pretty nifty rap-like style. Now I'm very uncrazy about rap -- actually I hate it -- but I do really like the way Jason funks it out. Way kuul.

Periodically, I check out Mraz's website and his blog.

So go on! Check your local listings and have a looksie and a listen.

No comments: