Saturday, April 09, 2005

Kids come first

"What the hell could be more important than a baby cryin'?!"
-- Barte Trinke (George Carlin) in Jersey Girl

Yesterday, I had a chance to only catch the first 25 minutes of the movie, Jersey Girl, and it already had me in tears. What a sissy I am. :-) I'd say that I've turned into a a sucker for parent-child films since my wife was first pregnant. So why didn't I finish it? Well, you guessed it: the 3 little amigos dancing in front of me and demanding my attention. Perhaps I should cut this entry short so I could go downstairs and finish it.

This afternoon, I saw another movie about kids, "To Be And To Have" ("Être Et Avoir"), on DVD which I enjoyed. It was refreshing to watch this French documentary film and see how an adult can calmly assuage what may be frustrating situations for most parents such as myself. I had definitely taken note of the teacher's gentle and patient temperament as a reference for my own future predicaments. Any parent who feels they need to raise their voice or otherwise to discipline their child should perhaps give this film a watch. (On a side note, I love the French language and enjoy hearing the original dialogue with English subtitles. I'll speak French yet!)

No comments: